Skip to content
What to do if you believe your home is hauntedkira2016-12-30T19:33:52-07:00
Start a log and take notes
- Have everybody in the building write down unusual experiences.
- Be sure to record the time, specific place in the building, and go into detail about the nature of the experience.
- Try and write down the occurrences before talking to anybody else about them – this minimizes contamination of memory.
- If you are having visual sightings, try setting up some security cameras to document the experience.
Look for patterns
- Does unusual activity take place at a specific time of the day or night?
- Does it occur in a particular room, or corridor, or other part of the structure?
- Are multiple people experiencing activity, or just one?
Apply Occam’s Razor
- The simplest answer, requiring the least assumptions, is usually the correct one.
- Is that creaking floorboard more likely to be the ghost of a dead person, or the structure of your house settling down for the night as the weather cools?
- A paranormal explanation should be the very last one that you put on the table.
Don’t be afraid
- It’s virtually impossible for genuine paranormal activity to harm you.
- You’re not alone – thousands of people worldwide report similar activity each year.
- This isn’t permanent – paranormal activity usually diminishes over time.
Call for help
- Boulder County Paranormal offers our assistance to anyone asking for help.
- You will not be asked to pay a single cent.
- We will work with you to try and find a cause for the unusual behavior.
- If you’re outside the Front Range, Colorado area, look for a group in your region.
Stay away from the charlatans
- Never, ever pay money for help. There are plenty of people out there who will trade false promises for your hard-earned cash.
- Avoid those who make promises they can’t keep – NOBODY can guarantee you results in this field.
- Check up on your prospective researchers carefully – examine their website, look at their track record. Can they supply references? Do they use scientific, skeptically-grounded research methods – or will they come in waving crystals and claiming to enter a trance?
- There’s a very good reason that you’ve never read the headline “Psychic wins lottery!”